Marketing is the cornerstone of any company. Without it, there would be no new clients, no innovation, and no growth. It is especially vital within the healthcare industry with consumers increasingly searching for ways to improve their physical and mental health.
Why Build a Marketing Strategy?
Without a powerful marketing strategy, the chances of your healthcare brand being discovered by a large audience are dramatically lowered. Whether you are searching for new patients, wanting to increase brand awareness, or looking to focus on client retention, marketing is vital.
There is a wealth of data that you can use to build a solid marketing strategy and start attracting more clients to your brand. 70,000 health-related searches take place every minute, and global searches for mental health have reached an all-time high. As a result, many people are looking for how they can improve their mental and physical well-being and your brand could be the start of their journey.
However, marketing is not only about acquisition – retention can also have a huge impact on your business. Existing clients are much more likely to be interested in any additional services you offer, and patients often refer their family and friends to trusted care providers.
The Benefits of Healthcare Marketing
Marketing has a wealth of benefits that can increase the reach and client base of your brand:
- Client communication – from blog posts and videos to social media posts, marketing opens up a new avenue of communication with your clients. When thinking about what to communicate to your audience, consider their goals, and what your clients will be searching for. Communication works both ways, so make sure you clearly signpost how your clients can get in touch with you.
- Client engagement – using strong calls to action (CTAs) in your emails encourages your clients to engage with your brand and get in touch. Common CTAs include learn more, book here, and sign up.
- Scaling reach – a strong marketing approach can help scale up your brand’s reach and enables you to interact with new patients and educate a wider audience. Positioning your brand as an industry leader with educational, SEO-optimised content will help you attract more leads and grow your core audience base.
- Building trust – having a strong online brand presence with plenty of reviews and testimonials provides social proof that your brand is trustworthy and effective. Encourage clients to leave reviews after they attend a session or buy a product so prospective clients will know exactly what to expect.
- Building authority – the healthcare industry is full of myths, and people often begin a healthcare-based search to look for answers or information. Producing high-quality, well-researched, informational content for your clients can build authority within your brand and establish it as a reliable resource. These resources, whether blogs, white papers, or social media posts, can also serve as a guide to help your potential clients progress further through the sales funnel.
What To Include in Your Marketing Strategy
It can be overwhelming when first building a healthcare marketing strategy. There are various platforms and channels to be aware of, so here are some things to consider when building your campaigns:
- A good website – a website that is easy to navigate and helps customers book appointments, or learn more about your products and services, will increase conversion rates. Check to see if your website is well-optimised and loads quickly by enhancing images and ensuring your core web vitals are strong.
- A blog – a whopping 77% of all health-related inquiries start with a search engine. An informational blog packed with SEO-optimised content will help put your website and healthcare brand at the top of people’s searches.
- Social media – social media can be an extremely powerful tool for healthcare brands. You can use it to showcase your services, team, and unique approach to healthcare issues, and it also provides a platform for your audience to interact with you and ask any questions.
- Emails – emails are the most cost effective marketing tool out there. Informational, promotional, and check-in emails are all great ways to promote your healthcare brand and keep customers engaged.
- A/B testing – split testing your email and ad campaigns can help you tailor your approach and make data-informed decisions when it comes to client services.
- Local SEO – if you have a physical location, focussing on local SEO will attract more people to your practice. Optimising keywords or phrases such as ‘mental health care in London’ will help people find your more easily.
Incorporating any of these options in your marketing strategy will help expand your reach; however, in order to get the most out our your marketing efforts, you should monitor your progress using data analytics. For instance, it may be that your emails work well on increasing your reach, but your SEO is struggling, and without analysing the results of your marketing efforts you would never know this. Regularly reviewing data will allow you to see what is working well and will highlight areas for improvement.
Marketing is essential to push your services out to a much wider audience. Contact Mint. Creative Marketing today to discover more about how we can help you take your healthcare brand to the next level.